Ayah

being an eldest daughter in a family bring me closer to ayah and i have to admit that ayah and me are having this strong special bond since ago.  With me, he freely talking about the past, his childhood time and all experiences he had gone through in life. Since i was kid, people and relatives used to called me 'ayah's sweetheart' and it really don't bother me at all, furthermore me myself really looks alike him a lots.

as far as i remembered, ayah used to be a strict father when we were kids especially everything with connecting to school matter.  We are not allowed to take leave from school even if we got sick and for that sake i was more than once awarded a full attendance prizes at school.  We were trained to be strong and disciplines was one of his fundamental elements in raising the four of us.  There was no tv at maghrib time, we should had have finished showered before maghrib, no fireworks during raya time, getting up early during weekends, having to sit dinner together and must attend the religious class every day without fail.   For those who live in Johor state, we have this sekolah agama which is in the afternoon time and it was compulsory for every kids at that time.  I still remember that i never got a chances to attend  school sports training in the afternoon  during sports season as ayah insisted me to go to sekolah agama.  And for that reason, i should be thankful to him as we all were able to finish up our sekolah agama until darjah khas.

we had live in a simple and practical life that we were not pampered to anything, walking to school, bringing lunch box or 30sen per day for nasi lemak and air sirap and to have kfc as meal was like a big dream comes true.

as the only man in his family, i see ayah for ages ago sacrificed his life for his family, and until now still caring enough to his family members which is sometimes make me fed up and mad because they are all big enough to taking care of themselves.

Ayah is now retired, spending most of his precious time on gardening .  I sometimes feel regret to be here, how i think i had missed these three and half years time which i should be there to spend the time with and listen to his stories again.  How i miss to kiss and hug him, and to grasp his hand.   no matter what as a father, i think he did a really well job and we are and always be proud of you ayah. I love you ayah, and will always be your sweetheart, ever!

  ayah

Comments

MyBotanG said…
kakkoooiii giler ayah awak Ayu.. :D
Your story reminds me sooo much of my dad.. he has always been my idol.. in high school we were asked to pick and write about a person we admire, many wrote about the PM, but I wrote about my dad..

For me he is the best man in my life..
Idayu said…
MyBotang,

yes, for me he is my handsome man, though in his late 60's now. and me too have same strong feeling as you when it comes to ayah, sy selalu rasa yg dia adalah hero saya!

hurmmm..sama2 ank manja ayah kan!

Popular posts from this blog

Thank you Allah.

anjing