my baking mojo is back???

I love baking and eating desserts...I used to bake frequently when we were in japan back then. I think it is normal for someone who survives overseas to try out recipes just to feed the family. I love to see them eating it all as if they haven't tasted it anywhere on earth.  you name it: any bread, pizza, cheesecake, chocolate cakes, tiramisu, cream puff, cheese tart, pavlova, chiffon cake, and of course our traditional kuih muih, I have had tried it all. with my bestie, zeha we did lots of trial and error recipes taken from the internet. not to tell that halves of them ended up going to the dustbinπŸ˜…πŸ˜….  during Ramadhan, I prepared the meals and desserts for iftar every day without fail, so as all my friends. you can find my post about food here in this blog under "resepi/msk2" label.

for those who are new, originally this blog is dedicated to our family to update them about us when we were living in Japan back in 2008.  but you know, Malaysia in 2008, with lacking internet accessibility, people were not that IT savvy and lacked smartphones usage, this blog remains syok-sendiri-blog.  Our family seldom came here to read, but I ended up making friends with other bloggers from all over the world who were also housewives at that time. We share recipes, visit other peoples' blogs and say hello, and update our everyday activities just to fill our time.  From there I think my baking passion grew.  Among my favorite bloggers are Hanamemories, lemongrass, and bisous a toi. It is quite surprising to know that some of them are my friends now in the real world as they are living here nearby my place (diyana, kak azie, kamalia, juwita, asmara diana).

But then, when we came back here for good, slowly I forget about this passion of mine due to my hustle-bustle life here.  what makes me even lazy (or sad) is when I found out the price for a chiffon cake at Tesco is only less than RM5. RM5????   You all know that it took some time for me and many times of trial and error just to get the skill to meringue the eggs so that the chiffon becomes that fluffy only to know it costs only RM4.69? hahhh...(better we just buy daripada berpenat lelah, basuh & kemas semua mangkuk n peralatan, right?)πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. 

the brownies I bake recently

brownies kedut


But last Thursday, I baked this brownies kedut after sooooo long due. Is my baking mojo is back??? It was super moist and super-rich with chocolate that melts in your mouth. you can get the recipe here.  
Earlier in the morning, I sent a journal paper to my supervisor (sv).  The paper is to be submitted to Journal A. But my sv said, " thank you cikgu Ayu. you did a great job. but, I think we need to send the paper to Journal B la, because the chances to get accepted is much higher". 😐😐Ok...Ok....Ok, I know that I have to do more work.  Later after that, I don't study Journal B, I don't change the paper template, I don't do the amendment, I baked brownies instead!
#dilema student tua😝😝😝
#thank God he doesn't check statusπŸ˜…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank you Allah.

anjing